The following is the schedule for upcoming workshops at theSPACE in Cairns. Click on the highlighted events to book. Contact David if you wish to book in for multiple workshops and receive a discount.
- 02-02-20 Sat 8:30-5pm Innisfail Professional Communication Workshop
The Profession Communication workshop is fast, fun and skills you gain will stick with you forever;
- We start the day with addressing the fear factors of public speaking and get you relaxed and comfortable.
- Then you learn how to create a memorable five minute speech in ten minutes. This applies to audiences, meetings and any situation where you have to make a quick presentation.
- There is a little stagecraft, before understanding how to evaluate a speech which can be applied to any situation where you want change to happen.
- There is a segment on understanding humour and how you can unfold the humour from the material in your presentations.
- After this we have fun with impromptu speaking, how to relax when answering questions with confidence. Great for job interviews, press interviews or handling any unexpected questions.
The workshop is entertaining with lots of practical activities so as you learn by doing. This way you never forget the material. We like to start with the “Why.” The reason the brain likes to take on information, and what are the neuro connectors that keep an audience glued to our presentation. Once you understand this you can apply it to any presentation.
The lead presenter is David Burston who has coached the TEDx JCU Cairns for the last six years and has coached or trained over a thousand participants in Australia and overseas. He is the Pitch Master at the business incubator theSPACE in Cairns, helping entrepreneurs and business people to develop their pitches and sales presentations. He as been a Toastmaster for twelve years and in 2013 he was District 69 Toastmaster of the year for his work in training in Cairns, Mount Isa, Alice Springs, Katherine, Darwin, Port Moresby and Lea.
A wholesome lunch and nibbles will be provided, please bring your own food if you have special dietary requirements.