The transformational goal of this module:
From – Someone who is scared of public speaking or would like to accelerate their speaking skills. They may be looking for direction in how to be a more relaxed engaging speaker enjoying the experience.
To – The fear of public speaking will have been erased, or reduced dramatically. You will be able to create memorable speeches quickly and deliver them with few or no notes. You will understand the mechanics of humour and impromptu speaking. These skills will be embedded through participating in exercises and will be ready for you to draw on in the future as you grace the stage.
Professional Speaking Workshop Overview
In the Professional Speaking workshop, you start by understanding your fears that are holding you back. The next step is to learn how to create a memorable speech in twenty minutes using mind maps. Following this the speech is delivered and evaluated, before delving into audience connection and humour. To finish there is impromptu speaking practice and an impromptu speech.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Employees wanting to build their careers faster through strong communication skills and professional speaking.
- University academics and teachers wanting to improve classroom delivery.
- Entrepreneurs or business people wanting to be clearer and connect better with their audience or clients.
- Students who want to do better in oral exams or giving presentation.
- Community workers who want to inspire others to join with them in their cause.
- Understanding and banishing the fear of public speaking.
- Learn to create a memorable speech in 20 minutes.
- What you should know about stagecraft.
- Understanding how to connect with an audience.
- Play with humour and understand the mechanics.
- Deliver your speech.
- Practice evaluating speeches.
- Learn about impromptu speaking and practice.
Key Skills Enhancement
- Build your confidence in the professional speaking workshop.
- Be able to put a memorable speech together in minutes.
- Give a speech with minimal or no notes.
- Have confidence when having to answer off-the-cuff questions.
- Introduce humour to your presentations.
The Style of Workshop
The eight hour Professional Speaking workshop is a full on interactive event, laced with humour. Due to this, retention of the learning is high due to the high percentage of interactivity.
The Path Forward
The following speaking modules will build your speaking skills that you have gained in the Professional Speaking workshop;
- Creating Cunning Connections – Develops skills to have a strong connection with your audience. Furthermore this workshop explores speech structures, humour and inviting the audience into your story through dialogue.
- Crafting Keynotes – The focus is on producing an entertaining keynote speech with a strong message based on your life stories. On completion of this workshop, you will have a strong outline of your memorable keynote speech.
- Influencing Interviews – Building confidence and developing logical strategies prior to being interviewed or expecting impromptu speaking.
Return to Communication Coaching