The transformational goal of this module:
From – Someone who does not enjoy fielding questions from the media or shareholders at Annual General Meetings. Little sleep the night before.
To – Being able to map potential questions and prepare suitable responses. Also understand the mental game of the interview to take the stress out and to ensure you are heard.
Influencing Interviews Workshop Overview
To improve your impromptu speaking quickly, this workshop is for you. Furthermore will learn strategy, speaking skills plus an understanding of the dynamics of an interview. Due to this, corporate speakers who have to present at board meetings, or speak on radio or television interviews will find it valuable. Finally for people taking job interviews or university oral exams, you will find it reduces your stress level.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Executives interacting with the press and Annual General Meetings.
- Job hunters at job interviews will find it less stressful.
- University students taking oral exams will improve their grades.
- Toastmasters with Table Topics will find the experience a lot less daunting.
- Entrepreneurs planning pitches and fielding questions from the panel will have a thorough preparation.
- People exposed to impromptu speaking situations will be more confident.
- Interview planning strategy creation.
- Backgrounding of the panel and the organisation.
- Developing a mind map of the potential questions.
- Researching answers to all questions, including the ones you do not want to have to answer.
- Understanding the presenting skills required for impromptu speaking.
- Developing strategies to deal with aggressive or unreasonable questioning.
- Role play interviews and experience the skills.
- General conduct edicate for interviews.
Key Skills Enhancement
- Build interview skills so as you take the fear out of impromptu speaking.
- Have a logical strategy to prepare for the interview.
- Understand the interview room dynamics.
- Being able to handle an unfriendly or unfair interviewer in a powerful manner.
The Style of Workshop
The four hour workshop is based on understanding the interview process. TAs a result you will understand the process from both the interviewer’s side and the interviewee’s side.
It is a mixture of researching, creating strategies, impromptu speaking practice and running role plays.
The Path Forward
The following speaking modules will build your speaking skills further;
- Lightning Presentations – Learn how to create memorable presentations quickly. Consequently you should be able to present to an audience without the need of notes.
- Creating Cunning Connections – Develops skills to have a strong connection with your audience. Furthermore this workshop explores speech structures, humour and inviting the audience into your story through dialogue.
- Crafting Keynotes – The focus is on producing an entertaining keynote speech with a strong message based on your life stories. On completion of this workshop, you will have a strong outline of your memorable keynote speech.
Return to Communication Coaching